Aadhar Card for Children, my aadhar card
Aadhaar has been introduced as the most important and most credible proof of identity and address for Indian residents. It not only includes demographic details, but also includes the biometric data of the card holder, making it difficult to make it. The issuing authority, UIDAI has made provision to include all the residents living in India under this scheme, regardless of their age. The base card for children is issued by UIDAI. Even newborns are eligible for Aadhaar card. Many hospitals have started enrolling the children for the base and they provide a support enroll slip with the birth certificate these days.
Aadhaar card for children below 5 years
Aadhaar card can be prepared for all children under 5 years of age but in this case no biometric of the child is taken.
Child’s photo will be taken for the base card of less than 5 years of age
To make a child’s base card, it is compulsory to provide support to any one of the parents.
Once the child is five years old, the child has to provide biometric data of his fingers and the biometric data of the pupil of his eyes.
Also during the process, photograph of the child is also taken.
The same process should be repeated when the child attains the age of 15 years.
Aadhar card for children aged 5 to 15 years
Aadhaar card is issued in a similar manner for children between the ages of 5 and 15 years. UIDAI has not made any difference in the basis for children and adults. However, there are some key features of the basis for children aged 5 to 15 years:
- Nomination process is similar to adults
- The only difference is that the type of documents required to submit changes
- At the age of 15, the child needs to update the biometric data (all ten fingerprints, iris scans and photographs).
- Birth certificate is to be provided in all cases
- Biometric data can be updated again in later stages of life in case of non-biometric future.
How to apply for a base for children below 5 years
- First of all, visit your nearest base enrollment center.
- Also fill in the base enrollment form along with your Aadhar number, note that any one of the parents will have to give the base details to enroll the children under 5 years of age.
- Your child’s picture will be taken
- Address and other demographic details will be filled with parents’ basis.
- Birth certificate is mandatory for children
- Children under 5 years of age are not fingerprint and iris scanned
- Nomination number can be used to check the status of Aadhaar number
- You will get your child’s base card within 90 days
How to Apply for Aadhaar for Children above 5 years
- Visit the nearest base enrollment center to apply for your child.
- Fill the Aadhar Nomination Form
- If you do not have a valid address proof of your child, then mention your base number and details.
- Submit the form to the Executive with relevant documents
- The executive takes your child’s biometrics (10 fingerprints, iris scans and photographs)
- Once process is completed, a receipt slip is given to you.
- The acknowledgment slip contains the nomination ID, which includes the enrollment number and time and date of enrollment.
- Nomination ID can be used to check the status of the base
- Within 90 days of enrollment the Aadhaar card is sent to the applicant’s address
- When a child turns 15, he has to update his biometric data in the UIDAI database.
mAadhaar app for kids
Children’s parents can register their mobile number with their child’s Aadhaar card and can use the mAadhaar app to carry their child’s base card in their smartphone. The MAADHAAR app is designed to connect to 3 Aadhar cards. One person can manage the base card of his child in the mAadhaar app. The child’s base card can be accessed anytime and anywhere and can be used as proof of identity or address. This facility can be reached by parents of children under 5 years of age as well as children between the ages of 5 to 15 years.
Essential documents for children’s Aadhar card
For enrollment of children under 5 years of age and for children aged 5 to 15, applicants must submit various documents. Below is a list of the two categories of documents:
Documents to be submitted for AAdhar for children below 5 years:
- Child birth certificate
- Aadhaar card of any one of the parents
- Original copies of both documents should also be provided for verification
Documents to be submitted for Aadhar for children aged 5 to 15 years
- As a child’s birth certificate and identity proof, one of the documents below
- School identity card
- Bonafide certificate on the letterhead of the institution
- Parent card
- Identity certificate issued by gazetted officer / tehsildar on letterhead with photo of child
Also, one of the following must be presented as proof of address
- Parent card
- Address certificate issued by the MP or MLA / Gazetted Officer / Tehsildar on letterhead, in which the child’s picture is
- Address Certificate issued by Gram Panchayat Chief or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
Fee for Children,s Aadhaar Card
- No fee is charged from the applicant for enrollment of the child for the base.
- The cost of base enrollment is borne by the government.
- When a child goes to the biometric update after the age of 5 or 15 years, no charge is taken from the child.
- However, whenever any demographic data is to be updated during this period, then the applicant will have to pay 30₹.
- If applicant wants to update his biometric details in future in future, he will have to pay 30 ₹