The Income Tax Department has started the online application process to create an e-PAN card. It is a simple and hassle free process and online application requires only Aadhar Card 12 digit biometric number. Aadhaar number can be used as proof of identity (ID), address and date of birth (D.O.B.). Now people can easily apply online for e-PAN
And also I would like to tell that the income tax department which had launched the beta version of the instant e-PAN service on its official website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, has just been discontinued, but the income tax department has said to completely re-launch Will go
Apply online for e-PAN card using Aadhaar card number
- Applicant must have a valid Aadhaar number or digital signature to get e-PAN
- And also make sure that your Aadhaar is linked to your mobile number
- An applicant can apply for e-PAN through NSDL or UTI
To apply e-PAN online, click on the link given below and visit UTI portal https://www.pan.utiitsl.com/PAN/newA.do
Now click on “Apply for new PAN Card (Form 49A)” option
Then select “digital mode” to get instant ePAN. Under the digital mode, applicants are not required to submit physical copy and the application form will be signed using Aadhaar-based e-signature or digital signature.
While applying, the applicant has the option to choose whether he / she wants a physical PAN card and e-PAN or both. If you need an e-PAN as well as a physical PAN card, you will have to pay Rs 107, and if you only need an e-PAN then the fee will be Rs 66.
Benefits of instant e-pan card
- Currently, applicants are required to fill the form and submit a document which is up to 15 days in order to obtain a PAN card. Now those who want to apply for e-PAN immediately, they have to enter basic details like name, address, Aadhaar details. Applicants have to verify their details by using a one-time password (OTP) on their registered mobile phone number.
- Aadhaar already has details such as address, father’s name and date of birth, so no physical documents will need to be uploaded. However, applicants need to ensure that their Aadhaar details are correct in case of data mismatch as the application may get rejected.