Under the provisions of the Cinematograph Act, 1952, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) is a statutory body under this Ministry for regulating films for public performance. Films can be made public in India on CBFC certification.
The board includes non-official members and a president who works with Headquarters in Mumbai. The members of the panel are nominated and nominated by the Central Government for a period of two years, which attracts people from different areas. CBFC has nine regional offices, which are employed in Bangalore, Chennai, Cuttack, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. Regional Offices are assisted by the Advisory Panel for screening films.
According to the guidelines issued by the Central Government under Section 5 (B) of the Cinematograph Act, 1952, Cinematograph (Certification) Rules, 1983 and Cinematograph Act, 1952, the films are certified in the following categories.
अ:U – Unrestricted Public Exhibit
अ/व:U/A – Unrestricted public exhibition but with a word of caution that children under 12 years of age need discretion.
व:A – Restricted to adults.
S – Restricted to a particular class of individuals.
The Central Board of Film Certification Board has also been included with online certification facility for processing applications received for public exhibition certification.
Vision OF Central Board of Film Certification
According to the Cinematograph Act 1952 and Cinematograph (Certification) Rules 1983, to ensure good and healthy entertainment. Central Film Certification Board has been set up
Mission Of CBFC
- Ensure healthy entertainment, entertainment and education for the public.
- To make the authentication process transparent and responsible.
- Creating awareness among the Guidance Panel members, media and filmmakers about certification and current trends in films through workshops and meetings.
- Adopting modern technology for certification process through the computerization of certification process and upgrading infrastructure.
- To maintain transparency regarding the activities of the Board through voluntary disclosures, implementation of e-governance, quick reply to RTI queries and publication of annual report.
- Develop CBFC as a Center of Excellence