Under the Digital India program, at least one CSC (preferably more than one) has been envisaged in 2.5 lakh Gram Panchayats for delivery of various electronic services to citizens in rural India. Under this, strengthening and integrating existing 100,000 CSCs under the CSC scheme and involving an additional 1.5 lakh CSCs in Gram Panchayats.
CSC 2.0 is a service delivery oriented entrepreneurship model, which is a big bouquet of services made available to citizens through the optimum use of pre-built infrastructure such as Swan, SSDG, e-District, SDC and NOFN / BharatNet is.
CSC 2.0 scheme
Based on the evaluation of the CSC scheme, the Government launched CSC 2.0 scheme in 2015 for the expansion of CSCs outreach to all village panchayats all over the country.
Under the CSC 2.0 scheme, at least one CSC will be established in each of 2.5 lakh GPs across the country till 2019. Under the current scheme, the functioning of the CSC will also be strengthened and will be integrated with additional 1.5 lakh CSCs across the country.
The CSC 2.0 scheme will integrate service delivery through a universal technology platform, which will facilitate e-services, especially G2C services, for citizens anywhere in the country.
CSC 2.0 Scheme Objectives
The main purpose of CSC is to ensure e-services especially G2C services for all citizens of the country. All people can easily access csc registration to connect to digital service portals or csc portals and easily track their position. The complete list of services provided by the Common Service Center is given below:
- Using CSC as a full service delivery center, non-discriminatory access to e-services for rural citizens, using pre-built infrastructure in the context of other mission mode projects.
- Extension of self-sustaining CSC network to Gram Panchayat level – 2.5 lakhs CSC, i.e. at least one CSC in Gram Panchayat, more than one favorite.
- Empower the District e-Governance Society (DGS) under the district administration for implementation.
- Building and strengthening institutional framework for rollout and project management, thereby, supporting State and District Administrative machinery and supporting VLE through Local Language Help Desk.
- Enable and consolidate the online services under a single technology platform, in which the service delivery in CSC can be accountable, transparent, efficient and accessible with the technology-driven relationship between all stakeholders.
- Provide a centralized technology platform for distribution of various services in a transparent manner to the citizens.
- Encourage VLE’s stability by sharing the earned commission through e-services delivery and encouraging women to join as VLE.
Highlights of the CSC 2.0 Scheme
- A self-reliant network of 2.5 lakh CSCs in Gram Panchayats
- A large bouquet of e-services through a single delivery platform
- Standardization of stakeholders’ services and capacity building
- Support for Localized Help Desk
- VLE stability through maximum commission sharing
- Encourage more women as VLE