Telecom Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the web portal ceir.gov.in to report phone theft. The central government has made a new Central Device Identification Register (CEIR) service available on ceir.gov.in to report phone theft. If your mobile is stolen or lost, you will have to register the complaint on the CEIR official website and inform C-DOT through helpline number 14422. Thus, the central government will now help you to find and block your lost or stolen mobile phone through IMEI verification. Currently this scheme is only for Delhi and Maharashtra but according to the central government, this scheme will be implemented soon across the country.
How the CEIR portal helps in finding lost / stolen mobile phones
- First of all, the person whose mobile phone is lost or stolen, will have to register an FIR at the nearest police station.
- After this the person has to inform the DoT through a helpline number 14422.
- After the police complaint, DoT (DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS) will blacklist the IMEI number. This will block the handset to access any mobile network in future.
How to block your mobile phone online through CEIR portal
- File a report with the police, and keep a copy of the report.
- Get a duplicate SIM card for the lost number from your telecom service provider (Airtel, Jio, Voda / Idea, BSNL etc.).
- Prepare your documents – A copy of the police report and an identity proof must be provided. You can also provide mobile purchase invoice.
- To block IMEI of lost / stolen phone, fill in the request registration form and attach the necessary documents.
- Click the link below to go to the CEIR complaint online registration form.Click Here For The Form Link
- After submitting the form you will be given a request ID. This can be used to check the status of your request and unblock IMEI in the future.
What is CEIR?
With the aim of curbing the fake mobile phone market and discouraging mobile phone theft, protecting consumer interest and facilitating law enforcement officers to streamline law and order, DoT intends to use IMEI database of all mobile operators The join is to implement the Central Device Identification Registry (CEIR). CEIR acts as a central system for all network operators to share black-listed mobile devices so that devices that are blacklisted in one network do not work on another network, even if the device has a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card. Has changed
What is dot (DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS)?
Telecom services are recognized worldwide as an important tool for socioeconomic development for a nation and hence telecom infrastructure is considered as an important factor for realizing socio-economic objectives in India . Accordingly, the Department of Telecommunications is formulating developmental policies for the rapid growth of telecom services. The department is also responsible for providing licenses for various telecom services such as Unified Access Service Internet and VSAT service. The department is also responsible for frequency management in the field of radio communications in close coordination with international bodies. It also implements wireless regulatory measures by monitoring the wireless transmission of all users in the country.
Source : Central Equipment Identity Register Portal