Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
Social creation has been important in the selection of gender discrimination on one side, sex availability on the other hand, ease of access, diagnosis and abuse of later diagnostic equipment, leading to lower child sex ratio. Since coordinated and convergent efforts are needed for the survival, protection and empowerment of girls, the government has announced the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao initiative. It is being implemented through a national campaign and covering all the States and Union Territories, CSR has centered multi-sectoral action in 100 selected districts. This is a joint initiative of Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Human Resource Development.
Under the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” project (BBBP) scheme (Beti Bachao, Beti Teacho), started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is implemented throughout the country to save and empower girls.
This major Ministerial initiative of the Government of India is bringing together ministries, institutions and civil society, although so far this year has seen very good results of this scheme. In this scheme, interference and multi-stream action were taken in about 100 districts of low child sex ratio (CSR).
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao objectives of the initiative:
- Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination
- To ensure the survival and safety of girls
- To ensure the education and participation of girls
- More stringent anti-dowry act
- Preventing Child Marriage Through Mandatory Registration of Marriages
- Celebrating the birth of girl child
- Emphasis on girls’ education for their empowerment.
- In the implementation and monitoring of BBBP, the district panchayats will be made prominent.
- Economic incentives as an inspiration were also suggested by the members.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme Benefits
- PM Modi insisted that there should be no discrimination on the basis of gender.
- Apart from this, people should know the importance of girls access to quality education like boys.
- Daughter does not burden the family, but brings glory and pride to her community, state and the whole country.
- People should run the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme as a mass movement to make it a big success.
- With the constant efforts of the central government, the BBBP scheme has changed the attitude and attitude of the people towards girls. Accordingly, the ratio of girls’ boys (sex ratio) to all over the country is now above 900 (per 1,000 boys).