Pradhan Mantri Kisan Nidhi Yojana or “PM Kisan” covers eligible farmers from all states. Recently, the Government of India has also issued a notification in this regard. We will discuss here about the Revised version of FAQ (FAQ PDF) related to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana released on PM Kisan Portal.
Pm Kisan 2020 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi?
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) to provide income support to the families of all landless farmers of the country to meet their financial needs for agriculture and allied activities as well as purchase of various inputs for domestic needs. There is a new Central Area Scheme. Under this scheme, the entire financial responsibility for transfer of benefits to the targeted beneficiaries will be borne by the Government of India.
2. How to apply for PM KISAN Yojana online
Online application for PM KISAN Yojana can be done online through pmkisan.gov.in portal. Any farmer can register new farmer under the Farmers Corner of the portal: Direct Link
3. Is the benefit of the scheme acceptable only to Small and Marginal (SMF) families?
No. When the PM-Kisan scheme was launched on 24 February 2019, its benefits were only acceptable to small and marginal farmers (SMF) families, with a combined land of up to 2 hectares. This scheme was later revised w.e.f. 1/06/2019 and extended to all farming families regardless of the size of their land
4. What are the benefits of the scheme?
Under the PM-KISAN scheme, all farmers’ families will be provided a financial benefit of Rs 6000 per family payable in three equal installments of Rs 2000 every four months.
5. When was the scheme introduced?
PM-Kisan Yojana was launched on 24 February 2019 by Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi
6. Who are eligible to get benefits under the scheme?
All landless farming families, whose name is cultivable land, are eligible for benefits under the scheme.
7. Will any person or farmer family who has more than 2 hectares of cultivable land get any benefit under this scheme?
Yes. The scope of the scheme has been extended to cover all farming families, irrespective of their land holding size.
8. What happens if the beneficiary makes an incorrect announcement for the implementation of the scheme?
In case of a false declaration, the beneficiary will be responsible for recovery of the transferred financial benefit and other punitive actions as per law.
9. Is the income tax payer eligible to receive benefits under the Kisan Yojana?
No, if a family member is an income tax payer in the previous assessment year, the family is not eligible for benefits under the scheme
Source : pmkisan.gov.in Portal