The President of India Ram Nath Kovind ji has launched the National Youth Parliament Scheme (NYPS) on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of Samvidhan Diwas. Along with the launch of this scheme, the National Youth Parliament Scheme portal nyps.mpa.gov.in has also been launched. Candidates can now register online under the scheme through nyps.mpa.gov.in portal. The NYPS web portal has various e-training materials available in the form of tutorials, literature, training videos for participants’ e-training and self-learning.
The National Youth Parliament Scheme (NYPS) portal will strengthen the roots of democracy, develop healthy habits of discipline, tolerate others’ perspectives. In addition, this portal will enable the student community to learn about the practices and procedures of Parliament. All recognized educational institutions in the country are eligible to participate in the “National Youth Parliament” program.
The starting date for applying online for the National Youth Parliament Scheme is 26 November 2019 (11 am) and the last date is 31 December 2019 (5 pm). The event will be held from 1 January 2020 and 30 April 2020.
National Youth Parliament Scheme online registration 2019-20
To register, first go to the official National Youth Parliament Scheme portal nyps.mpa.gov.in
After reaching the nyps portal, on the homepage, click on the “Login” tab in the header menu bar :
After reaching the login page, click on the “New Registration” button to register the National Youth Parliament Scheme online.
Here participants can apply for Kishore Sabha (for schools from 9th to 12th) and Tarun Sabha (for colleges and universities).
Enter the required details correctly and click the “Submit” button to complete nyps online registration.
Note – To get complete information about the registration process, see the NYPS Portal Application User Manual
Features of National Youth Parliament Scheme
- All recognized educational organizations in India can participate in the National Youth Parliament Scheme.
- This National Youth Parliament Scheme web-portal (nyps.mpa.gov.in) is the only medium for applying for participation and registration by educational institutions.
- The National Youth Parliament Scheme portal will provide e-training modules for photo, video, script and self-learning through online mode.
- All participating students of the National Youth Parliament Scheme will get a “Certificate of Participation”.
- On successful registration, each eligible educational institution can attend a meeting of the Youth Parliament in their respective institutions.
Note – See the National Youth Parliament Scheme Guidelines to know about eligibility, participation, sitting period, language, location, number of participants and their selection criteria.