PUBLIC GRIEVANCES PORTAL BY CENTRAL GOVT.
Imagine a situation where you are going to a government organization for a specific job. But employees are not helping to pass your file without bribe. You are helpless now and do not know whom you should complain about. In this article, information about the process of registering online complaint against government organizations has been provided. The Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances Department operates an online platform i.e. a PG Portal (Public Complaints Portal) to enable citizens to file a complaint in hassle free manner.
Online public grievance Portal
Centralized Public Grievance Redressal and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) is an online web-enabled system developed by NIC, which has been developed by the NIC in collaboration with the Public Grievances Directorate (DPG) and Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances Department (DARPG). CPGRAMS is a web technology platform, whose aim is to be able to present complaints from citizens suffering mainly from anywhere and at any time (24×7), which checks the ministry / departments / organizations, and these complaints are prompt and consistent. Take action for redress. The facility of tracking complaints has also been given through generating a Unique Registration Number on this portal.
Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances
The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances Department is the nodal agency for preparing policy guidelines for civil-centric governance in the country. The redressal of citizens’ grievances, one of the most important initiatives of the department, generates public grievance redress mechanism for effective and timely redressal / disposal of grievances of DAR and PG citizens.
Procedure for filing complaint on PG portal
- Go to Pgportal.gov.in
- Visit the “Grievance” box in the portal. The following 6 options will be available to you.
- Lodge Public Grievance
- Lodge Pension Grievance
- View Status
- Reminder Clarification
- Forgot Grievance Password
- Change Grievance Password
- Click on “Lodge Public Grievance” to file a fresh complaint. The webpage will redirect to the complaint registration form.
- In the complaint registration form, the user needs to choose whether the organization is a “center or state government”. Then select the department from the drop down box. If you are not sure about the department or if the name of the department is not available in the drop down options, you can select “NOT KNOWN / NOT LISTED”. If you select “NOT KNOWN / NOT LISTED”, then the Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances Department will forward the complaint to the concerned department after reviewing the complaint.
- In addition to the above, the user must write some personal details such as name, address, contact details etc.
- In the area provided to write the complaint, the user must file their complaint. Users can upload helpful documents and any other details by clicking on the YES option in “Do you want to upload PDF attachment”.
- Finally, the user has to enter the captcha code and click submit.
- After successful registration, the user will receive the registration number through which the user can locate the status of the complaint. Users can get a status of complaint by clicking “VIEW STATUS OF YOUR GRIVE”, in the home page of the PG portal. Users can also send a reminder or clarification by clicking on “REMINDER / CLARIFICATION ON PAST GRIVE”.
The time limit for redressal of grievances is sixty (60) days. In case of delays, an interim reply must be given with reasons for delay. In the event of non-redressal of the complaint within the prescribed time, the citizen can take up the case with the Public Grievances Director of the concerned Ministry / Department whose details are available at pgportal.gov.in.
Source : DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE REFORMS & PUBLIC GRIEVANCES