pmegp scheme – PM Employment Generation Programme
Government of India has approved the introduction of a new credit linked subsidy program called Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (pmegp) by merger of two schemes, namely Pradhan Mantri Rozgar Yojana (PMRY) and Rural Employment Generation Program, to be run till 31.03.2008. . (REGP) This program was organized to create employment opportunities through the establishment of micro enterprises in rural and urban areas.
The pmegp scheme will strengthen small, medium entrepreneurs and create a vibrant MSME area. This scheme will create self employment opportunities through the establishment of micro enterprises in the non-agricultural sector. Interested candidates can apply online through PMEGP e-portal https://www.kviconline.gov.in to examine the subsidy moany and eligibility criteria.
The Indian government will also emphasize on the help of traditional artisans and unemployed youth. The primary objective is to increase wage earning capacity of the artisans and increase employment rates. Under the PMEGP scheme, the Government sets goals on the basis of state backwardness, unemployment limit and population.
Khadi, textile, coir, handicrafts and other small scale industries play an important role in the socio-economic empowerment of poor people, disadvantaged people and women.
pmegp scheme objective
- To create continuous and sustainable employment opportunities in rural and urban areas of the country
- Providing sustained and sustainable employment to a large part of the traditional or future artisan, Rural or urban unemployed youth in the ur country through the establishment of micro enterprises.
- Facilitate the participation of financial institutions for high credit flow in the micro sector.
pmegp scheme Eligibility
- Persons older than 18
- For more than Rs. 10 lakhs in the manufacturing sector and service area of more than Rs. 5 lakhs, it is necessary to pass the eighth grade.
- Self Help or Charitable Trust Group
- Organizations registered under the Registration Act-1860
- Production based cooperatives
Non Eligible – All existing units are not eligible under the schemes of PMRY, REGP and any other Central Government / State Government. Even any entity that has taken the government Subsidy is not eligible under any government scheme.
Key Features of pmegp scheme
- This scheme was approved by KVIC and Khadi and V.I. of State / UT. Through the boards, in the rural areas and in the urban and rural areas through district industry centers, respectively, KVIC / KVIB / DIC is implemented in the ratio of 30:30:40.
- No income limit for setting up projects.
- Support under the scheme is available only for new units to be established.
- Existing units or units have already taken advantage of any government subsidy under the State / Central Government. Schemes are not eligible.
- Any industry that includes coir-based projects, which are mentioned in the negative list.
- Per capita investment should not be more than Rs. 1 lakh in plain areas and Rs. 1.50 lakh in hilly areas.
- The maximum project cost in the manufacturing sector is Rs 25 lakh and service sector is Rs 10.00 lakh.
pmegp scheme Online Apply
The Scheme Will be Creat Self employment opportunities through the establish of micro enterprises in the non-agricultural sector. Interested candidates can apply online through PMEGP e-portal https://www.kviconline.gov.in. It is very easy to apply. Just go to the website you are told here. You can download online application button By clicking on which you can take advantage of the scheme and get subsidy