Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
The central government started a new life insurance scheme, Pradhanmantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana for the development of the poor and lower income class of the society. As a pure insurance plan, the Prime Minister Jyoti Jyoti Yoga Insurance Scheme (Ujjwal bima yojana) is available for people aged 18- 50 years.
PMJJBY is a renewal term insurance policy, which provides annual life insurance cover of Rs. 2 lakh at the most affordable premium rate of 330 rupees per year, in the case of the death of the insured.
With the launch of the scheme, the government has set a goal to create a social security system, especially targeted for the poor and the underprivileged.
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- The policy provides life coverage for 1 year.
- The insured person can renew the policy every year.
- According to one’s own choice, the insured can get out of the plan at any time and may resume it in the future.
- A maximum of Rs 2 lakh is insured in the policy.
- This plan offers very low premium rates per year compared to the other term insurance policy i.e., 330 rupees. In addition, the premium rate is the same for all age groups of 18 to 50 years.
- The claim settlement process provided by the policy is very simple and customer-friendly.
If you fail to buy this plan in the initial years, you can join the policy by paying annual premium in later years and by submitting self-verified health certificate.
Eligibility for Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- Any Indian resident can join this scheme within the age of 18 to 50 years.
- Aspirant should have an active savings bank account.
- The customer must give a written agreement to the bank for the auto debit of the premium amount.
- The subscriber must keep the necessary balance in the bank account on or before 31 May of the year at the time of auto debit.
- Applicants will have to give a self-certification of good health at the time of membership for insurance cover.
- The customer must announce himself at the time of taking advantage of this scheme that he is not suffering from any acute or serious illness.
How to Join Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
1: Insurance plan can be added by presenting the application formally filled out from the official website of PMJJBY.
2: Fill the application form and go to the bank where you have an active savings bank account. Make sure you have enough balance in the account to pay premium.
PMJJBY Application Forms
Application form for Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana or Consent Co-Declaration can be downloaded as the official website in the desired language at the following link.:- jansuraksha.gov.in/Forms-PMJJBY.aspx