The Government of India (GOI) has approved a new Central Sector Scheme – Prime Minister Kisan Yojana (Scheme for development of agro-marine processing and agro processing groups), in which allocation of Rs. 6,000 crores for the period of 2016-20. Chakra of the 14th Finance Commission. This scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
PM Kisan Samrudhi Yojana is a comprehensive package that will result in modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from the gate of the farm to the retail outlets. This will not only give a major boost to the development of the food processing sector in the country, but will also help in providing better returns to the farmers and it is a major step towards doubling the income of farmers, especially in the rural areas. Creating opportunities, reducing wastage. An increase in agricultural production, increase in processing level and export of processed foods.
Central Sector Scheme – SAMPADA (Scheme for the development of agro-marine processing and agro-processing groups) was approved by the Cabinet in the year 2017 for the period of 2016-20 Cotaminus with the cycle of 14th Finance Commission in May 2017. This scheme has now been named “Prime Minister Farmer Scheme (PMKSY)”.
This is an umbrella scheme that includes the ongoing plans of the Ministry, such as Mega Food Park, Integrated Cold Chain and Value Added Infrastructure, Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure etc. and new schemes like Infrastructure for Agro-Processing Cluster, Creation of Backward and Forward Regarding food processing and conservation capacity, construction / expansion
The following schemes will be implemented under the PM Farmer’s Prosperity Scheme:
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana Goal
The purpose of PMKSY is to supplement the agriculture, modernize the processing and reduce agricultural waste.
Financial allocation for PMKSY scheme
With an allocation of Rs 6,000 crore, PMKSY is expected to take advantage of investment of Rs 31,400 crore, the value of 334 lakh metric tonnes of agricultural production is Rs 1,04,125 crore, 20 lakh farmers will benefit and 5,30,500 direct in the country / Indirect employment will be generated under the year 2019-20
Effects of PMKSY scheme
- Implementation of PMKSY will create modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from the field gate to retail outlets.
- This will give a major boost to the development of the food processing sector in the country.
- This will help in providing better value to the farmers and a big step towards doubling the income of the farmers.
- This will create large job opportunities especially in rural areas.
- It will also help in reducing the wastage of agricultural products, increasing the processing level, the availability of safe and convenient processed foods at cheaper cost to consumers and the export of processed foods.