The PRAGATI Scholarship has been started in 2014 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development to provide encouragement and support to the girl child to pursue technical education. It has been implemented by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Number of scholarships per year: 4000 ‘one girl’ per family and it can be extended per family for two girls, where the family income is less than 8 lakh rupees / yearly (in the case of married girl, parents’ income / In which law is considered to be the highest).
- Candidates will be selected on merit basis in the qualifying examination for taking technical education from such candidates.
- Candidates should be admitted in the first year of the degree or diploma program at any AICTE approved institution during the current academic year through the central / central government centralized admission process.
- The amount of scholarship: 30000 rupees per year or on actual, whichever is less and 2000 rupees per month for 10 months in the form of event.
- In case of candidates for tuition fee rebate / reimbursement, and the amount of Rs. 30000 may be reimbursed through reimbursement for the candidates selected for this scheme.
- Purchase books
- Equipment, software purchase
- Laptop purchase
- Purchase of desktops
- Vehicle purchase
- Fees paid for competitive examination application / examination fee for all examinations related to higher education / employment.
- Reservation – 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 2.7% for OBC candidates / applicants.
- Out of the total number of scholarships in each scheme, 50% of the scholarship is available at each degree / diploma level and is also transferable in case of non-availability of eligible applicant in any degree / diploma level program.
how to apply
For online registration and instructions to fill the online application, log on to www.aicte – pragati – saksham – gov.in. Normal time of application notification: October – November
Source : www.aicte-india.org