Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana 2019
For the senior citizens living below the poverty line, the Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana was launched by the Narendra Modi government in 2017. Under this scheme plan, the Central Government will provide free life support for the BPL families of senior citizens so that their life becomes easier.
This scheme was launched at a camp in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh on March 25, 2017 at a cost of Rs 477 crore. Under this scheme, the Central Government is provided under Shravan Yantra, Wheelchair Jaya and many other free accessories.
What is Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme ?
National Vyasri Yojana (RVY) is a plan to provide physical assistance and supportive living equipment for senior citizens belonging to BPL category. This is a central area plan, which is fully funded by the Central Government. Expenditure for implementation of the scheme will be completed by “Senior Citizen Kalyan Kosh”. The only agency implementing this scheme – The Artificial Limb Building Corporation (ALIMCO), will be implemented through a Public Undertaking under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Under the scheme, physical assistance will be provided to senior citizens of the nation only. This means that those who are over 60 years of age will get free assisted living equipment and physical equipment which are essential for their sustainability. At the same time, the government has selected the list of cities where the scheme will be implemented. The main criterion for achieving the full benefit of National Vaidhri Yojana (RVY) scheme for senior citizens is that they should be related to the BPL family and should have a valid BPL card issued by the concerned authority.
Objactive of Rashtriya Vayoshri Scheme
- The main objective of the National Vyasrishi Yojana is to make an active life of the elderly of the economically backward society and to make an aged-friendly society. The purpose of this scheme is to provide them life support equipment so that they can maintain normal condition in morbidity.
- Old age disability such as short sight, hearing impairment, loss of teeth and locomotor disability will be addressed through the National Viśri Yojana.
- The Central Government has targeted to provide free accessory equipment to at least 2000 beneficiaries in each camp.
Eligibility Of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
Senior citizens are suffering from disability / weakness related to BPL category and related to any age. Low sight, hearing impairment, loss of tooth and locomotor disability will be provided with such assistive devices which can restore disability / impairment to restore normalcy in their physical activities. This plan is expected to benefit all senior citizens across the country.
Equipment provided under Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- Walking sticks
- Elbow crate
- Walkers / crocodiles
- Tripod / Quadpods
- hearing aids
- Artificial dentist
Highlights of Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
- Free of cost of distribution of equipment, is consistent with the limit of disability / impairment which appears among qualified senior citizens.
- On the appearance of many disabled / weaknesses in the same person, assistive devices will be given in respect of each disability / loss.
- The Artificial Limb Building Corporation (ALIMCO) will provide a one-year free maintenance of assistive and supporting living equipment.
- Beneficiaries in each district will be identified through a committee headed by the Deputy Commissioners / District Collectors by State Governments / Union Territory Administrations.
- As far as possible, there will be 30% beneficiary women in every district.
- State Government / Union Territory Administration / District Level Committee may also use data of BPL beneficiaries receiving old age pension under NSAP or any other scheme of State / U.P. for identifying senior citizens belonging to the BPL category. .
- Devices will be delivered in camp mode.
COVERED DISTRICTS 2019
At present, a total of 325 districts have been selected for the implementation of the National Vyasri Yojana. Assessment camps for identification of beneficiaries have been completed in 135 districts (25.01.2019), 77 distribution camps have been organized to benefit 70939 senior citizens of BPL category.
Source : Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.