Ayushman Bharat – Sarbat Seva Bima Yojana (AB-SSBY), a major state health insurance scheme courtesy the state of Punjab. AB-SSBY Punjab will provide financial security to 70% of the state’s population. It is an eligibility based cashless health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year. Under this scheme, cashless and paperless treatment is available in government and private hospitals.
The cost of premium for 14.86 lakh SECC beneficiary families will be borne by the Central Government. And the state government in 60:40 ratio, the premium cost of the remaining 28.27 lakh beneficiary families will be fully borne by the state (state treasury and departments).
The Punjab government has started the process of creating an e-card under the Sarbat Seva Bima Yojana. The state government is now issuing e-cards to eligible beneficiaries from public hospitals and general service centers (CSCs) across the state. This Universal Health Insurance will be launched by CM Captain Amarinder Singh at a state level function on 20 August 2019.
Key features of Sarbat sehat bima yojana
- Cashless health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year
- Cashless Secondary Care and Tertiary Care Treatment (1396 packages) in public and private hospitals in Punjab and Chandigarh
- Pre-existing diseases are covered and treatment package includes 3 days pre hospitalization and 15 days hospitalization expenses
- Beneficiaries can avail health services in private and government hospitals in Punjab and Chandigarh
Sarbat sehat bima yojana E-card
Now all the eligible beneficiaries of Sarbat Seva Bima Yojana in Punjab can get their e-cards. They can take their e-card from any public hospital or CSC.
To review the functioning and progress of Sarbat Seva Bima Yojana, the Punjab government has already appointed 22 district coordinators. These coordinators will provide facilities to beneficiaries in government and private hospitals. People can see their name on the list of Punjab Sarbat Seva Bima Yojana, list of beneficiaries on shapunjab.in.
Sarbat sehat bima yojana Hospital list
- First go to the official website Shapeunjab.in
- On the homepage, scroll to the “Hospital” tab in the main menu and then click on the “Government / Private” hospital link to check the list.