The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, launched the Vanbandhu Kalyan Yojana (VKY) for the welfare of tribals. The purpose of VKY is to create an enabling environment for Aadhaar-based and result-oriented overall development of tribal people. This process envisages ensuring that all the intended benefits of goods and services under various programs / schemes of the Central and State Governments actually reach the target groups by convergence of resources through appropriate institutional mechanisms.
The scheme covers all the tribal people and all the tribal populated areas across the country so that people can benefit from all the schemes of the government.
Important objectives of the scheme
- Improvement in quality of life in tribal areas
- Improve quality of education
- Qualitative and permanent employment for tribal families
- Reducing infrastructure gaps with a focus on quality
- Protection of tribal culture and heritage
- Rapid economic development of tribal areas.
- Health for all.
- Housing for all.
- Safe drinking water for everyone at the door.
- Area-friendly irrigation facilities.
- All weather roads connect the nearby cities / cities.
- Universal availability of electricity.
- Urban Development.
- Strong institutional mechanisms. (ITDA / ITDP)
- Promoting sports in tribal areas.
Minor Forest Produce
Minor forest produce (MFP) is often not determined by traders rather than a self-consistent process of demand and supply. Implementing a scheme to ensure that such forest dwellers are not deprived of their due. The maximum selling price for MFP under this scheme is initially being implemented in Schedule V states. A web-based portal has also been developed which indicates the current price of MFP in real time basis in various mandis of states.
Source ; vky.tribal.nic.in